Silver (Ag) Nanopowder/Nanoparticles, Purity: 99.95%, Size: 18 nm, w/~0.25% PVP
- Calculated at Checkout
1 gram: 24 €
5 grams: 55 €
25 grams: 204 €
100 grams: 533 €
Silver (Ag) Nanopowder/Nanoparticles Purity: 99.95%, Size: 18 nm, w/~0.25% PVP
Silver has been known for its antimicrobial properties for centuries, and the high surface area of the nanopowder form enhances its effectiveness as an antimicrobial agent. Silver nanopowders are a versatile material with a wide range of potential applications, thanks to their unique properties. Silver nanopowders also have potential applications in electronics and photonics due to their electrical and optical properties. The PVP coating on the silver nanopowders provides several benefits. It increases the stability of the nanoparticles, making them more resistant to aggregation and settling. It also improves the dispersibility of the nanoparticles in various solvents and matrices, making them more suitable for use in various applications.
As the Nanografi, we supply Silver Nanopowder with high quantities and more types for different applications and requirements.
Technical Properties of Silver Nanoparticles
|True Density (g/cm3)||10,6|
|Average Particle Size (nm)||18|
|Specific Surface Area (m2/g)||17,0-21,0|
|Elemental Analysis||Ag||Cu||Fe||Bi, Pb, Sb|
Applications of Silver Nanoparticles
- Silver nanoparticles are well known for their antimicrobial properties. It can be used as an antibacterial and disinfectant, even in some cases it finds uses in AIDS drugs.
- Addition of very small amounts of silver nanopowder (~0,1%) into different inorganic matrices makes those materials effective for killing pathogenic microorganisms like Escherichia Coli, Staphylococcus Aureus, etc.This disinfectant properties are insensitive to different pH or oxidation conditions and can be considered durable.
- In some cases it finds uses as a chemical catalyst as well. They can significantly improve the speed and efficiency of various chemical reactions such as ethylene oxidation.
- Another important area that silver nanoparticles find usage is the biological studies such as diagnostic works on genes.
- As well as medical-pharmaceutical and scientific applications, silver nanoparticles can be used in household items as well. Manufacturers began to use silver nanopowders in products such as washing machines, refrigerators, air conditioners, toys, clothing, food containers, detergents etc.
- Construction materials and buildings can contain antibacterial, corrosion resistant properties by applying silver nanoparticle added paints on them.