MOL-C Dry 206 Black
Dry 206 Black Anti-Friction Coating
Click Here To Demand MSDS and TDS Documents
To get more information about Mol-C Products, you can visit Mol-c website.
Heat-curing dry-film paint-like solid lubricants. Dry 206 Black AFCs are formulated with PTFE (polytetrafluoroethylene) in organic binder-solvent system as a corrosion inhibitor at low & medium loads on
metal-metal & metal-plastic surfaces under low to medium loads offering advanced corrosion protection and low friction coefficient.
Dry 206 Black Anti-Friction Coating (AFC), also known as lubricating paints. Anti-Friction Coatings help customers improve safety, reliability and performance by controlling friction and wear,
preventing component failures, extending lubrication intervals, and reducing production and operating costs.
- Solid Lubricants
- Organic Binder
- Outstanding corrosion protection
- Good aesthetics
- Constant/defined friction coefficient for threaded connections.
- High load-carrying capacity
- Excellent adhesion to metals
- High resistance to oils and fuels
- Best corrosion protection of heat-cured AFCs
- This product can be use as an substitute to Molykote 708D
Specifications @ As Supplied
Dry 206 Black M-3 708D
Color (L, a, b )
28.3, -0.04, -1.02
20±2 @ 25± 2 C°
120± 1 C°
Fluid to Resistance
- ASTM B499, ASTM B2244, ASTM D3359
- EN ISO 2812-1, EN ISO 6270-1
- IEC 60068-2-14
- ASTM B117, ASTM D3960, ASTM D2244
- EN ISO 3251
- Anti-Aging Fluid
- Cleaning Compound
- Regent Water, Ocean Water
- Hydraulic Oil, Turbine Fuel
- Lubricating Oil, Lubricating Cleaner
Proven Quality Form Strict Tests
Dry Black successfully passed from the tests:
- Thermal Stability Environment
- Sulfurous Acid/Salt Fog/Salt Spray
- Surface Appearance
AFCs are bonded, dry-film lubricants that provide superior lubrication in harsh operating conditions and environmental extremes. They are economical to apply, long lasting and valued in uses where other lubricants fail. Compared to typical lubricating pastes and greases. The applied coating is designed as a solid film lubricant that creates a solid film layer, with lubricating/anti-corrosion properties and a high quality surface finish. Anti-Friction Coatings have a number of advantages to the users in automotive and industrial applications:
- Dry, clean lubrication that is unaffected by dust, dirt, moisture
- Lifetime lubrication without aging, evaporation, oxidation
- Rust prevention without any need of surface treatments like galvanizing
- Nonflammable, non-staining protection on metal/metals, metals/plastics, metals/elastomers
- Medium load-carrying capacity
Operating Range between -60 C° and 250C°
More technical details will be available upon request.
- Cured film has operating temperature between -60°C and 250 °C
- Low coefficient of friction
- Glossy black finish
- Excellent corrosion protection
- Metal/Plastic or Metal/Metal Pairs of materials to be lubricated/protected against corrosion
- Used on parts for door & locking mechanisms, safety belts, springs, hinges, pins and washers.
- Suitable for office machines/precision mechanics
- Recommended for dry lubrication of fasteners
- Brake pad clips to reduce friction, noise, roughness with clean and durable dry-film lubrication
Automotive and Industrial Applications
- AFCs can be applied in automotive & industrial applications. Some of the applications are listed below:
- Lock mechanisms, lock-catching plates, closures, locking levers, safety hooks for corrosion protection and long-term lubrication which is not affected by dust and suitable as topcoat for zinc-plating
- Seat belt components as low-friction dry lubrication for lifetime durability of metal/metal pairs.
- Caliper springs and brake clips for dry lubrication of steel springs in caliper brake pad sliding guides; work alongside a dry lubricant corrosion protection, anti-seizing/stick-slip elimination for insulation
- Crash tubes for anti-seizing/stick-slip elimination for insulation properties
- Spindles (EPB) for emergency lubrication, corrosion protection, fuel/oil resistance, stick-slip elimination
- Sunroof rails & guides for corrosion protection and fuel/oil resistance
- Bolts, nuts, studs as threaded connections, Ball-joints, bushings, rods, fasteners for corrosion protection
- Temperature control units of heating systems for stick-slip elimination
“Dry” lubricants, such as anti-friction coatings (AFCs), can provide more precise friction control with a clean and slippery film, which fills in surface irregularities to reduce wear even under extreme loads.
AFCs also provide superior performance in extreme heat and cold, resist degradation, and dampen noise-producing vibrations.
Usable Life and Storage
Shelf Life: 12 Months
(from the date of manufacture in the condition of keeping it in its original package as unopened/sealed at temperatures at or below 20 C°)
HOW TO USE
To ensure the effectiveness and full service life of the Dry 206 Black AFCs, a proper coating process needs to be followed. This method includes several steps such as:
- Surface Preparation
- Application of AFC
- Heat Cure
Step 1-Surface Preparation
- Clean the surfaces before the application
- Make sure that the surface is degreased
- Stir the coating before using and applying it
- Phosphatization or sandblasting increases the adhesion and service life.
Step 2-Application of AFC
- Stir the coating before using and applying it
- Apply the coating. The coatings are easy to apply by spraying, brushing, roll coating, dip-spinning, dip coating, screen printing or centrifuging.
Step 3-Curing and After Curing
- The coating is cured per specifications.
- After curing, the bonded dry lubricating film provides durable wear protection with a certain level of corrosion protection and resists dust and contamination.
Recommended Dry Film Thickness: 5-20 μm
Solubility: Thinning can be carried out using the thinner supplied or recommended by NG Chemicals.
Please note that this document does not include data on product safety and information for health hazard, physical hazard & before use that need to be read carefully before use that is available with the product. Please read health hazard information, container labels, safety data and product data sheets before handling.